Friday, January 29, 2010

Yep! It is still winter here at Fort Cedar! We are having another glorious snow day. I know some people don't like snow days. They say they would rather be out of school early in the summer when it is nice. But for me, I love this chance to stay cozy and warm, to make delicious comfort food and read. I have a pot of chili simmering on the stove and the snow is still pouring down! I am trying my hand at a made up veggie chili....not sure yet!

I have been a little more productive today than I usually am on snow days. I have cleaned my kitchen and packed away my dishes...yes packed them away. Ok, so I am having a very hard time keeping up with kitchen chores through the week, then I am faced with a big mess on the weekends. So, here is my plan, inspired by another blogger,everyone picked out 1 coffee cup,1 glass, 1plastic tumbler and 1 bowl. I left out 4 plates and that's it! I was surprised that everyone went along with this...but none of us like a messy kitchen. I will keep you posted on how it goes!

I hope you all are staying warm and safe wherever you are!

Enjoying Fort Cedar with a joyful heart,
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment