Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Break is almost here!

There are only 4 1/2 school days left until Christmas Break and we are all ready! Big C has been home since Wednesday and just driving back up for finals as they are scheduled. Little C had his Christmas band concert on Monday night and the eighth grade band sounded amazing! The holiday gatherings and parties have started and even though I would like to snuggle in and read it is very fun to spend time with others this time of year. There is even a tiny dusting of snow on Fort Cedar this morning! Really lovely, sunny and cold. This week will be a crazy one at school as we finish up the semester with finals and celebrations. One of my classes will be celebrating tomorrow with Sra. Wms coffee cake. I really did assign a lot of work this week and they rose to the occasion!

I have really been enjoying some great blogs and gathering lots of ideas for the new year. I want to have more substantial and important resolutions this year...yeah yeah lose weight and keep my house clean...really? What would God put on my list? How can I be more obedient and Christ like? What will make a difference to the souls that call Fort Cedar home? Maybe those two things fit and maybe they dont? Where should I invest my time? my talent? Can I set and achieve resolutions that bless others? What sort of resolutions are really important? Just a few directions my mind is heading...

Spending more time reading my Bible and in prayer
Listen more
Ask people questions
Be graceful and dignified
Control my emotions
Be mindful of spending
Make do with less
Eat fruit and vegetables
Drink water
Read
Use the good stuff today

Oh I dont know... it always seems to come back around to me...but I will be working on a plan.
Until then, I need to put the pilgrims away and put the nativity and village up! Oh yeah and make coffee cake and cheese ball for a party tonight! Please share with me your plans for the new year! I want to hear what you all have to say...What are your plans for 2011? What will you talk about? what will you read?

With a joyful Christmas heart,
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment