Wednesday, December 29, 2010

We are enjoying quiet time here at Fort Cedar today. Our Christmas celebrations have finally wound down and now we are having fun with all of the many gifts we have been blessed with the last few days. Our festivities began on Christmas day with the Williams family. We celebrated at our house this year and as hostess, crock pot chili was stress free. My sweet SIL and MIL made such delicious desserts and candy. Then we all went to the movies and had a great time together!
Christmas at my Mom's house with aunts and uncles and my cousin EE was peaceful and nice. We ate my mom's special meatballs and EE's crescent dogs along with other holiday treats. The picture above is my Mom's beautiful tree this year and in the background is a painting of me done just a *couple of years ago.
Christmas with Dad and L was also blessed, fun and stress free. We tried out a new pizza place that is literally three minutes from our house. And...it is fabulous! So nice to have a great place so close to home. Another movie was on the agenda again. We don't go to the movies often throughout the rest of the year so it is an especially fun treat.

It seems that everyone this year was seeking calm, simple celebrations. We really did not miss the large dinners and were able to spend time on our favorite holiday snacks and our family and friends. And while not the focus or the reason we all checked off many items from our wish lists.

So now on to the new year! With a renewed purpose and spirit, I am looking forward to 2011. I am still working through my resolutions and will post more later. But for now, we have a few days left before returning to school and I intend to savor every moment! Hope your holidays were blessed!

With a joyful heart,
Gigi

3 comments:

  1. Praying you have an awesome New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrea I am praying for your New Year as well! I found your blog today! What a wonderful blog and I look forward to visiting in the new year. I have added your button to my sidebar...hope that is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! I am working on my resolutions as well and intend to post them for you. If I don't put them in writing, then I won't be accountable! I love your stress free holiday plan. Have a great weekend before you go back to school!

    ReplyDelete