Monday, June 15, 2009


Some Thoughts on Fort Cedar

Fort Cedar is not in such good shape anymore. I remember (wasn't that yesterday?) when I was afraid for Casey to play alone up there-then I was afraid Carter would fall the edge(it's only about 3feet). But now the seasons have changed at Fort Cedar and those little boys have moved on to other interests(golf,facebook,baseball, video games). To most it looks like an eyesore but when I look out the window, I see a shelter(built by Ba-Pa)for two little boys and their imaginations. So maybe Fort Cedar has been damaged by the seasons but the memories have become sweeter.



Ginger

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could turn back the clock to those days. I miss quiet days at your house drinking tea while boys played...always a sanctuary to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls are making me cry. Getting weepy and sentimental in my old age.

    ReplyDelete